Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finding Hope in a Hopeless Situation


I have been learning a ton about myself while being on this crazy journey. One thing in particular is the power of pray and how it reflects my relationship with my friends, family, and God. 

I was really feeling helpless when it came to the hurting people that I come in contact with everyday. (As you know from a previous blog) Today it finally hit me. I was walking home from school when I walked passed a man who was laying in the middle of the square completely sprawled out and not moving. I stood there for a second looking down at the man and realized something was really wrong with him. As I went to kneel down next to him to see if he was okay, three women and two men ran up and started to see what was wrong. He had no I.D. on him and would not wake up... The people trying to help this man kept telling me to leave saying that I was no help, in not a very nice way. (at least that’s what I am pretty sure they were saying, it was broken English). 

 

In that situation I had to leave, I felt completely and utterly helpless on my own. So as I walked home all I did, all I could do was pray for that man. I am hopeless on my own, but with the power of prayer I felt a sense of hopefulness.  I don’t know what happened to the man, but if you could keep him in your prayers. J

It made me realize living far away form my friends and family is really hard and not easy. It’s hard to not physically be there for my friends who are hurting and struggling with deep and seriously issues. But God is opening my heart to pray and the power that it has. I am learning that I no long need to rely on myself alone to fix a problem or try and make a friend feel better, but I am depending on my God through the power of prayer.  That is all I can do in these situations.

 On a lighter note... here are some pictures from yesterday that I took. 

Hard Rock Cafe


church
 heres a random video.. just though you might like it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment