Sunday, September 27, 2009

An American Weekend

This was a restoring weekend for me. Its been crazy living in the heart of Roma, the busy city, all the people, and little space was starting to get to me. So it was great when Kim invited me to her house this weekend.  Kim Lives in Roma, but its in the suburbs of Roma.

I felt as if I had entered the twilight zone for the weekend. I went with her and her family to the kids school for a family picnic. It was fun/strange to see American families cooking hotdogs and hamburgers, drink beer, and kids running all over the place. It made me realize that maybe if the opportunity presented its self sometime in my future,  I could actually move my family to another country. We went out to dinner every night and hung out at the house a lot. Which is amazing by the way. I got to take a bath (if you know me you know I love taking baths), drink BIG cups of coffee, have pancakes with syrup, watch American TV!, ate American candy, and slept in a big comfy bed for two nights. The one thing that I could have done without was the bug bites..
I am so so so so so so thankful for Kim and her family. Words can not begin to describe the appreciation I have for her. She has been so generous and giving. They are such a blessing. Living in a different country is really hard and can be difficult at times. I would be totally lost and a lot more homesick if it was not for her friendship! So if your reading this Kim... THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! 

Here are some pictures... sorry i didn't take that many.. but I kind of got my camera fixed so ill be blogging a lot more :) 
Here is a picture of me at the Family Picnic with the other women selling shirts. haha 

These are my bug bites... just on this part of my arm.. my whole body looks like this
The candy Kim gave me! 
The pool :)
The house
My room :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment