Friday, August 28, 2009

They say its good luck


I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night... there are many reasons why... first because of the time difference... Second because the train is right out side my window ( I swear it climbs 7 flights of stairs and stops in our bed room, its that loud) ... and third its soooo HOT! But besides the lack of sleep I have had a great day! 
We headed out around 11 am. My school has two different campuses in Rome so we went to the first one to get our ID cards and then headed over to the main campus for lunch and to print some things out.  One of the many cool things about my school is that you can sign up for activities to do through out the semester.  Some are silly like belly dancing ( but who knows I am on an adventure maybe ill try it) but some are sweet like cooking classes and wine tasting.  we signed up for cooking classes today and tomorrow i think we are signing up for the trip to a vineyard to go wine tasting.  
After signing up for all the fun activities we went on a long walk. we ended up at the Vatican, which was soo beautiful. We didn't go in side, but we will in the next couple of weeks. On the way back we got soo lost! it was awesome haha. its great because we have the time to get lost and find our way around. Along with getting lost a bird decided to pooh  on me! (which is the third time this year!)
We finally made it home and hung around the house for an hour or so. Then went to dinner at a sushi restaurant. Which was hilarious! It was soo hard to order. we are pretty sure that there were 4 different languages being said at once... Chines, English, Spanish, and Italian! it was great! i decided to go with the dumplings and fired rice just to be safe. Over all it was a great and busy day. here are some pictures! 
One of my class rooms
Walking to our school
Me getting bird pooh on me and my really dirty legs
Right when the bird let it out. (they say its good luck!)
Cooling off. Its sooo HOT!
Gelato 

Right outside out Apartment 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shea,
    Hope you are having a great time! I should have told you about weighing the fruit, one of the many things you will learn while you are there I am sure. I need your Skype phone number so we can call you. Have a blast!! We love and miss you. Drew and Allison

    ReplyDelete