Monday, October 19, 2009

Split Between Two Places


A couple weeks back we went to our schools soccer game! it was the first night it was cold and we were not prepared. we left at half time.. out team was losing.. GO JCU! 

a little snack after the game ! :D 


so here are some pictures from my weekend... we met some really fun Roman guys a couple weeks back. (They are not creepers at all if you can believe it.)  We all went dancing on friday night, got lost in the streets of Rome, went to a hookah Bar ( one of the kids dad owns the place so he had the keys), and sang old 90's songs till 6 in the morning.  It was such a great night one that will go down in the books. 
Rome is feeling like home more and more each day. The homesickness has gone away and I am really starting to think that I am going to miss this place a lot. Some times I think I might stay longer, but I know I could not stay away form my family and friends for that long.  I think its going to be hard to adjust back into living in America. Its a different way of living here, which I have trouble explaining. You kind of need to experience it to understand it. 
Dont get me wrong I really am excited to come home ( 6 weeks and counting), its just home now feels like its split between to places. 
Heals + cobblestone= pain  People were nice enough to carry me parts of the way


These men are creepers who sit in the clubs... the man on the lefts belly is hanging out. haha

just being silly 

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog. Rome sounds exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, that the feelings of split home will only get more intense...it is a funny thing, to have two homes...but so, so great, too.

    I'm super proud of you, have I mentioned that?

    ReplyDelete