Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I am sure this will change but...

Things I have gotten use to...  
  1. Seasons: its starting to get cold here ( it was in the 50's today) and the leaves are turning orange :) 
  2. Buying fresh groceries every day 
  3. Living in a city 
  4. Living in a foreign country 
  5. Walking everywhere 
  6. Taking public transportation 
  7. Eating indian food once a week (or twice :p) 
  8. Constantly learning new things about myself and the world.
  9. Living on my own ( not in a dorm ) 
  10. Not drinking Soda 
  11. Not eavesdropping ( Its hard to listen on to a conversation when no one speaks english)
  12. saying "ciao"
  13. Not reading magazines ( gotten use to it, but prefer to read them still :) ) 
  14. Eating dinner really late 
  15. Turning on and off the water when showering to save hot water 
  16. Eating Nutella everyday 
  17. Rude people 
  18. Slower pace of life
  19. Seeing ancient ruins every day 
Things I'll never be use to.... 
  1. Drying my clothes outside 
  2. Standing next a man on the tram who is pooping his pants 
  3. being smashed up against the man pooping his pants because the tram is so full. 
  4. Seeing at least 2-3 homeless people on every block 
  5. Seeing old men naked on the sidewalks 
  6. People peeing where every they want
  7. Having to pay for water 
  8. Water with Gas :x
  9. Italian men  ( I apologize now to all the males of America, If I get home and ignore you or am rude don't take it personally ) 
  10. Rock hard beds 
  11. Being away from family and friends
  12. Horrible smells...  consisting of people, trash, and bodily functions... 
  13. Mosquitoes 
  14. Rude people 
  15. Random open hours for stores... one day a store with be home at 1, the next day they decided to close just because the can. 
  16. Not having a Target 
  17. The water drying out my skin 
  18. Seeing little kids living on the street below my apartment 
  19. Seeing hurting people 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you are living in another country and even more I think you are brave for living in another country after reading what you wrote about things you will never get use to... trust me I wouldnt either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! its been a really great experience so far. i am really enjoying myself. It is pretty hard to put up with some of the stuff but the good out weighs the bad :)

    ReplyDelete